1 lb 9 oz/700 grams new potatoes
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp paprika, plus extra pinch to garnish
salt and pepper
2 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
1. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until just tender.
2. Drain the potatoes and rise them under cold running water until completely cold. Drain again. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and reserve until required.
3. Using a sharp knofe, slice the scallions thinly on the diagonal.
4. Mix the mayonnaise, paprika, and salt and peper to taste togethr in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the potatoes, Add the scallions to the potatoes and toss together.
5. Tranfer the potato salad to a serving bowl and sprinkle with snipped chives and a pinch of paprika. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator until required.
Perfect Salads, Parragon Books in 2008