One of the most common Intravenous Therapy formulas is known as the Myers Cocktail originally developed by Dr. John Myers MD more than 30 years ago. Since then it has been extensively to treat a wide variety of conditions including:
Acute conditions such as:
- upper respiratory infections
- migraines and cluster headaches
- acute muscle spasms
- acute asthma symptoms
- viral infections, including herpes
- seasonal allergies and rhinitis
- hives and eczema
Chronic conditions such as:
- fatigue, including chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- fibromyalgia and myofacial pain
- chronic sinusitis
- irritable bowel disease
- paresthesias, numbness and tingling
- cardiovascular disease and angina
- chronic pain
- high blood pressure
- depression and anxiety
- neuropathic pain which can be experienced in those with cancer
- narcotic withdrawl
The Meyers’ Cocktail contains a combination of vitamins and minerals designed to saturate your body’s cells with nutrients so they can function optimally and to help them repair quickly and efficiently.
Typical Ingredients include: Calcium, Magnesium, B-Vitamins, Vitamin C, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, and Chromium. The exact composition of a Myer`s cocktail is tailored to suit the needs of each individual.
For a review article outlining the Myers cocktail and some of its clinical uses, please clickhere to download.